Zaplox is a market innovator of the mobile guest journey for the hospitality industry. We are now strengthening our Development and Delivery team with a DevOps Engineer. This is an important position for Zaplox’ growth and we are looking for a dedicated person that wish to join a team of skilled professionals that are changing the way millions of hotel guests check in, get their room key and check out directly in their mobile phone.
WHAT IS THE JOB ABOUT?
We’re looking for a highly-motivated, self-driving DevOps Engineer that is excited to learn new technologies. You will design a modern infrastructure that scales with our needs, is maintainable in the day-to-day operations and will improve the hotel guest experience.
You will perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production, test and development environments. Respond to production incidents, troubleshoot, resolve, and document.
- Backend and frontend release management and release testing in an agile working environment.
- Configure our system for customer delivery projects.
- Assist in the initial analysis of incoming trouble reports from customers.
The position is based in Lund, Sweden, we have production environments in both Europe and the U.S.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Expert knowledge of Linux (Debian and Ubuntu).
- Documented experience in 24×7 productions operations, preferably running in AWS.
- Documented experience with Docker.
- Experience from Ansible, Icinga, Proxmox, Jenkins, Gitlab and Jira is an advantage.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Fluent in English.
YOU WORK GREAT WITH OUR TEAM IF YOU
- are pragmatic and proactive, with a positive attitude and an interest in new areas.
- have a problem-solving attitude.
- are used to taking responsibility.
- like to work in teams and have the ability to adapt to different situations.
- have a strong interest in modern technology.
Zaplox is a fast-growing company with a global mission to help hotels improve the total guest experience and drive the digitalization in the hotel market, a market with more than 20 million hotel rooms. The hotel industry is transforming and ready for a giant technology leap. It is an exciting journey to be part of, with great possibilities for personal growth for you as part of the Zaplox team.
We offer you a dynamic workplace, a truly global way of working and competitive terms. If you see your work as a platform to learn new exciting skills, want to interact with other smart, dedicated people and change how the world experience a hotel stay, you will love working at Zaplox.
Learn more about Zaplox products
If you believe that you are the right person for the position, please apply by sending your CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review and respond to all applicants continuously.
Zaplox helps hotels and vacation homes to create a modern and profitable mobile guest experience. Zaplox is a market innovator of the mobile guest journey and mobile key services for the global hotel market with a total market potential of 20 million hotel rooms. Zaplox works worldwide and offers a turnkey platform including a mobile key application to handle the guest’s hotel stay. With the help of mobile technology, Zaplox offers an added value by providing the hotels with a better way to check in and check out, as well as distributing mobile keys to the hotel rooms directly to the guest’s mobile phones. The system saves time and costs and gives the hotel a direct communication channel with the guests and the opportunity to generate additional revenue.
Zaplox works on all major smartphone platforms support locks and hotel systems and replace or co-exist with keyboards, code locks, and physical keys. The Zaplox system has been in commercial use since 2011 in the delivery of more than 2 million guest nights. Zaplox was founded in 2010 at IDEON Science Park Lund, Sweden, and has offices in Europe and in the US. Zaplox share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North. Sedermera Fondkommission is the Certified Adviser for Zaplox.